The Palestinian cause is deeply carved in the consciousness of the Malaysian nation. Both opposition and government parties are even united in their love for it. Thus, the Palestinian people never forget the statements made by King Abdullah Ahmed Shah Sultan in 2020, when he called upon the Malaysians to pray for "the well-being of Palestinians who are oppressed by Israel."
Palestinians would also never disregard what the Mayor of the Municipality of Kuala Lumpur did to Palestine. He named one of the streets in the Malaysian capital as "Palestine Street," ensuring that Palestine is rooted in the collective awareness of the Malaysian people as one of the most significant issues in the Islamic world. Those examples, among others, are not exhaustive. At the official and popular level, Malaysians have been and will always continue to support the Palestinians. This support, thus, stems from multiple connections between Malaysia and Palestine, the most important of which are faith and religion. Moreover, the Malaysian people and religion scholars believe that standing in solidarity with the Palestinian people is a moral duty.
Despite being busy with the reconnaissance of its country, which constitutes a fundamental element of power for the Islamic world, the Malaysian eye goes along with what is happening in Al-Quds and Al-Masjid Al-Aqsa. It observes the explicit Israeli violations and aggressions that aim to spatially divide Al-Masjid Al-Aqsa, as an initial phase to resolve the conflict of the destruction of Al-Masjid Al-Aqsa and the building of the alleged Temple Mount instead.
Providing love and support for Palestine and its people, and rejecting the normalization of relations with the Israeli occupation is the greatest gift Malaysia would grant, in a time when Palestinians are facing formidable challenges. Following are the most important of which:
1. The Palestinian people are subjected to a multiform systematic policy of killing. Whoever does not die by metal bullets, aircraft missiles or bulldozers might be killed by a strict blockade, similar to what is happening in the Gaza Strip. As perceived by Palestinians, blockade is no less dangerous than war, as it contributes to the subjugation of men. The dignity of Palestinians reaches the sky, and their patience and steadfastness since the establishment of the Israeli occupation entity in 1948 is unparalleled. "The elderly would die and the young would forget," Israel believed. Nevertheless, we are facing a much stronger Palestinian generation than before. All it needs is the prayers and support of the people of the world, and not to be betrayed by rushing towards normalization rather than ending the Israeli occupation.
2. What Israel is doing in the Holy City generally and Al-Masjid Al-Aqsa specifically undoubtably emphasizes that 'Israel' is persistent in adopting diverse measures. For example, the spatial and temporal division of Al-Aqsa, the repeated raids, the policy of fait accompli, the construction of tunnels and the excavation works underneath Al-Masjid Al-Aqsa. In addition to that, tightening the grip on Jerusalemites, preventing Palestinians from their right to practice their Islamic and Christian rituals in the holy places and constructing new settlements in order to resolve the demographic issue for the benefit of Jews. All of the prementioned factors would help Israel reach its strategic goal represented in consolidating Al-Quds as its united capital, and then seize the suitable opportunity to achieve the Jewish dream of building the alleged Temple Mount above the debris of Al-Masjid Al-Aqsa.
3. The rotation of the normalization wheel prior to the end of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, based on the principle of peace for peace and in exchange of land undermines the peace process and encourages the Israeli occupation to slow down the peace efforts. It also triggers Israel to continue to practice its aggressive policies that violate the international law and the humanitarian international law.
4. The silence of the international community and the double-standard policy it adopts against the Palestinian cause encourages Israel to continue its occupation of Palestine. However, at the same, it sends a message to the masses of the Islamic nation that what was taken by force can only be regained by force. Therefore, resistance against the Israeli occupation is legitimate under international law and the people of the world must not hesitate to support the resistance in light of the great injustice inflicted by the strong on the rightful owners.
5. The Palestinian division constitutes a fundamental challenge. Thus, we hope that Malaysia would work hard to bridge the gap through joining Egyptian and Algerian efforts. We also hope that Malaysia would succeed to penetrate this important file.
6. The war on terrorism and the success of the United States in persuading some international entities to classify Hamas and Islamic Jihad as terrorist organizations have negatively impacted the issue of supporting Palestine. However, despite that, the essence of things is about facing challenges. It is required from the masses of our nation and the free people of the world to seek all ways and means to support and enhance the resilience of our Palestinian people and their legitimate rights.
In conclusion, Malaysia's lasting love and support for Palestine is met by Palestinians' adoration and respectful stances regarding Malaysia. We hope that all people of the world would soon pray in Al-Masjid Al-Aqsa courtyards after obtaining freedom.